My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

________________________________________________________

My decorating style

I don't usually quote myself, but as I start to try to decorate my new house, I was thinking of this song parody I made up a few years back when I was thinking how to decorate my current house.

It's from the old Donny and Marie song "I"m a little bit country/ I'm a little bit rock and roll"

I'm not sure that this is my final version, so if I run across it I will post it here.

Here it goes.....

I'm a little bit country
And a little bit french chateau
I'm a little bit old barn in a field
And a little bit armoire trimmed in gold

I don't know if it's good or bad
But I know I love it so
I'm a little bit country
And little bit french chateau

I'm a little bit red neck, and a little bit girls gone wild
I'm a little bit of rustic wood, and a little bit of marble tile
It may turn out good or bad
But my decor will be bold

I'm a little bit country
And I'm a little bit french chateau
I like that peaceful easy feeling of a laid back country porch
And yet when a french chef is on TV I'm ready for a second course

I love the old west with all my heart and soul
Yet when I think of decorating, I'm a little bit french chateau
I think it will alright
But I have no way to know

I think I'll decorate with down home country
And a little bit of French chateau
I like that peaceful easy feeling of a tire hung from a tree.
Yet a bistro table in my kitchen, how cool would that be..

I love the old west with all my heart and soul
Yet I'm think of decorating with a bit of french chateau
I think it will alright
But I have no way to know

If I decorate with down home country
And a little bit of French chateau
It'll be a little bit country
With a touch of French chateau
------------------------------

If you want to here the tune I found a version of it here http://www.stinalisa.com/CountryRockNRoll.html

2 Comments:

At 3/13/2008 7:11 pm, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

It's western-French fusion! They're doing it everywhere nowadays.....well, maybe not that EXACT mix, but something like it....LOL!

 
At 3/13/2008 10:35 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

janet - humm, not sure how that would have worked in a song.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home