My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

________________________________________________________

Stormy Day

A big limb got blown off the tree in my front yard today. I didn't get home till late and I was really glad it didn't quite make it into the street. I pulled it back off the sidewalk because people were having to go around.

I didn't check the fence to see if it was okay, for some reason they do seem to blow over around here also. I don't ever remember it being so windy as it has been lately. We also had a lot of rain today, which was good for the lawn.

Quote: In order to understand life it is not only necessary not to be indifferent to men, but not to be indifferent to flocks, to trees. One should be indifferent to nothing. -Remy de Gourmont

6 Comments:

At 6/18/2008 9:06 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

Later I realized that probably someone pulled the limb out of the road so they could drive by...;-(

 
At 6/19/2008 12:29 am, Blogger Nankin said...

Just be glad it didn't fall on your house.

 
At 6/19/2008 1:22 am, Blogger Moggy said...

nankin - or on someones car ;-O

I may have to trim that tree back, it's Ash which I'm told is soft wood and seems to lose limbs with every strong wind.

 
At 6/19/2008 2:16 am, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

We had a limb come down on our driveway lately too. I think it's a conspiracy.

 
At 6/19/2008 2:31 am, Blogger Moggy said...

janet - You may be right, I have heard other people say the same thing is happening to them.

 
At 6/19/2008 3:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a huge part of my Bradford Pear tree fall out during a storm the first year I was in my home -- my neighbors were these great Brits and came and knocked on my door when I got in late from work -- it was about 10:30pm. He said, with a thick British accent "Have you seen your tree?" I thought what a goof, comes over at 10:30p on a worknight to talk about my tree. A huge limb has been stripped from the tree and was lying all the way into the street.

The next day when I came home from work, he had taken his chain saw to it and chopped it up in little slices.

I still miss them. They were such great neighbors.

Hubby's home if you need any help.

I was home when those storms roared through, we stood outside and watched the clouds -- I really believed I'd see a torando drop down, they blew in so fast and the clouds were so dark!

~alifeinspired.blogspot.com
p.s. ... yeah, I need to update my blog, working on it now that we're home from the weeks at the hospital.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home