My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Friday, August 29, 2008

________________________________________________________

Counting Calories

I'm actually enjoying it this time. I haven't varied a lot for about three days on what I'm eating, because

I just have the calories figured out for a few things.


Actually it is more than four, but I have this idea of an abacus where I can slide so much food over that I am allowed to have.

They had ice cream at work yesterday and I did have some, but I figured it into my calories and I didn't get the chocolate syrup or sprinkles. Have you seen how many calories are in just a little bit of chocolate syrup.

Quote: To say that obesity is caused by merely consuming too many calories is like saying that the only cause of the American Revolution was the Boston Tea Party. - Adelle Davis

4 Comments:

At 8/30/2008 4:24 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I started learning portion sizes and to count calories last year, one day came DH home with a gift for me. He'd gotten into the habit of bringing me fresh flowers and that day, he brought me a food scale. I told him most girls would be offended by a scale, but I loved it! =)


~alifeinspired.blogspot.com

 
At 8/30/2008 1:59 pm, Blogger Nankin said...

And here I thought it was that extra scoop of rockyroad that did it.

 
At 8/30/2008 6:23 pm, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

chocolate syrup has TONS of calories. Not that it stops me.....

 
At 9/01/2008 9:37 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

al - I think the scale was very sweet since it was your idea to count calories.

nankin - for me it's more than one scoop.

janet - I'm not sure what stopped me, but I think I'm just ready to be skinny again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home