My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

________________________________________________________

Being in a good mood

I got to hear a speaker today who suffers from depression and has found that playing soft uplifting music while he sleeps seems to help. I have been guilty of falling asleep with the TV on once in a while. Who knows what I was listening to all night.

He has an mp3 player that goes into a little pillow and just leaves it on very softly all the time.

Quote: Adam laid himself down in Paradise to sleep while from him was taken a wife to keep. Adam poor father of creation’s best.
Your first taste of sleep was your last of rest. - Matthias Claudius (I don't agree, but I thought this was a cute quote ;-)

8 Comments:

At 8/19/2008 2:54 am, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

Nice, soft music would sure beat the neighbour's blaring music some nights! :-)

I LOVE to listen to the wind in the trees when I go to sleep. I have the windows open all night.

 
At 8/19/2008 2:59 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I always wake up to infomercials1

Try putting a drop of lavandar oil on your pillow each nite -- the Chaplain at the hospital where Mom had surgery put a drop on her pillow before they willed her in to surgery. He says it really helps have a peaceful sleep.

Hard to know for sure how well it worked considering she was on anesthesia for 5 days followed by 2 hits of morphine (really rough week for her!!!) But it's worth a try!

alifeinspired.blogspot.com

 
At 8/19/2008 10:07 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*GASP* I am an expert TV watcher, but I never, ever fall asleep with it on and I don't have a TV in the bedroom.

I'm not a fan of music, so I fall asleep to the sound of my own heartbeat in the pillow. It's weird that I can hear it that way, but it beats falling asleep while listening to news radio.

 
At 8/19/2008 10:13 am, Blogger Moggy said...

janet - don't you worry about bigfoot

al - maybe some mint from the garden would be good, I like the idea of a sent

2k - I have my tv on a rolling cart and I thought if I brought it out of the living room it would help me watch less and the living room look better - neither worked - I think I have an irregular heartbeat, that might wake me up ;=/

 
At 8/19/2008 10:15 am, Blogger Moggy said...

P.S. The speaker was actually bi-polar and he was beyond the normal (I'm in a bad mood) so he has written a book on ways to help your mood. I actually like to sing to myself before I go to sleep - don't worry about the neighbors - I sing softly.

 
At 8/20/2008 2:37 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a buzz fan is good too, great white noise!

-al

 
At 8/22/2008 11:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found that putting a dead animal in your pillow will give you terrible nightmares, if that is your goal. I tried a number of different vegetables my least favorite being tomatoes. There was ketchup in the morning. Best solution was taking the pillow out of the case and pulling it tightly around your head. If you don't have a pillow case a trash bag will do.

Billy b

 
At 8/23/2008 12:36 am, Blogger Moggy said...

Al and B. I think maybe you should read the book. I have an extra copy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home