My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

________________________________________________________

Red Bug Dye

The Boy told me a while back that red M&M's are made red by a dye that comes from bugs. I didn't want to believe it, but at the same time I have not eaten them since he told me that.

I"m not sure if it's true or not, but I did try to find out.

There is a red dye called cochineal or carmine. It is not supposed to be harmful, it's just the idea is a little hard to get used to.

Quote: Such as are your habitual thoughts, such also will be the character of your mind; for the soul is dyed by the thoughts
- Marcus Aurelius

2 Comments:

At 8/13/2008 2:50 am, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

My kids eat bugs all the time....

 
At 8/13/2008 10:38 am, Blogger Moggy said...

janet - I'm sure that I have eaten plenty of bugs too, but never on purpose.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home