My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Friday, September 05, 2008

________________________________________________________

Sauerkraut

I have never eaten sauerkraut before because I was very picky and didn't even like cabbage as a child. I have not been a child for a long time, but I still have some ideas in my head that got there way back then.

We had a parade and carnival at work to benefit United Way. I'm still watching calories, so a friend and I split a hotdog with sauerkraut on it. It really was pretty good. I don't think I would want to eat sauerkraut all alone, but with some other food to give it flavor it's really not bad.

The other thing of interest is that I had just learned that they used to ferment food to preserve it. This was something that I had never heard about and I'm going to try to make some sauerkraut, which is fermented cabbage.


8 Comments:

At 9/08/2008 1:15 am, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

My sister keeps telling me that I have to try it again, since our tastes can change as we grow up. Problem is, I haven't grown up yet....:-)

 
At 9/08/2008 7:52 am, Blogger mayp said...

cute blog:p

 
At 9/08/2008 6:13 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just look deep into the back of the refrigerator -- you may find you've got your own fermented dish in the making! ;)

~al

 
At 9/08/2008 9:29 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

janet - you should try it, but only with something else.

krianne - thanks

al - you may have a point there

 
At 9/09/2008 4:24 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's Robert. try cooking it with a pork loin. good stuff

 
At 9/09/2008 4:25 am, Blogger Salt-n-light said...

woohoo, I have an account and am not anonymous

 
At 9/09/2008 9:15 am, Blogger Moggy said...

Salty Robert - Wow I wasn't able to get into your blog world so you came over here ;-) I may just try that. I haven't made the sauerkraut yet, but I probably will soon.

 
At 9/10/2008 12:06 am, Blogger New Fool said...

Yes sauerkraut is very good. I also like pickles and salt and vinegar potato chips.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home