My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

________________________________________________________

I really want to try sculpting

A friend took me out to eat after work and we went to this place in the picture. In the middle they have a high ceiling that is painted like the sky and a statue. We didn't sit next to the statue, but we were sitting close enough to feel like you we were outdoors.

It was pretty cold here today and you would not have really wanted to be outdoors. I ate more than I should have. The food was really very good.

Quote: Every block of stone has a statue inside it and it is the task of the sculptor to discover it - Michelangelo

5 Comments:

At 11/19/2008 3:53 am, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

I often eat more than I should. Chocolate, for instance. Sigh.

I think you should try sculpting. I tried it once. With play-doh. It didn't work that well. :-)

 
At 11/20/2008 8:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm --- that's a really good restaurant!

It's a bit more expensive than mud, but you could try your sculpting hand with Sculpey first: www.sculpey.com You can create a Moggy and The Cat statue!

Years ago a guy I know was watching a sculpter work at an art show and thought "I think I could do that" and he tried his hand and he's REALLY GOOD at it and he quit his day job and became a full-time artist. If I can find his website, I'll send you the link. You would probably be good.

-al

 
At 11/21/2008 1:27 am, Blogger Moggy said...

Yeah I think I am going to try it. I need a personal assistant to do all the stuff I don't like to do, so I can play and paint ;-/

 
At 11/24/2008 1:31 pm, Blogger Nankin said...

I hope you had a good time.

 
At 11/24/2008 2:37 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

Nankin - yes I did, the food was really good. I just hope I'm able to keep from eating too much over the Thanksgiving holiday, so I don't have to pay money Monday when we have a weigh in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home