My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

________________________________________________________

Cold Shower

My outdoor faucet cover got moved or lost and so I went by and got another one yesterday. It was almost 10:00 at night when I got home and went to put it on. When I was putting it on I accidently turned on the water and so I didn't really do a good job of it.

I checked the weather on the internet and it didn't look so bad, so I decided that it would not freeze. I hope that it didn't.

I have to say that I don't know how people live up north where it gets really cold. We really don't have that many times when there is the possibility of pipes freezing. That does mean that we are usually not prepared (or maybe it's just me).

Quote: Friendship that flows from the heart cannot be frozen by adversity, as the water that flows from the spring cannot congeal in winter. - not sure who said it

3 Comments:

At 1/15/2009 4:09 am, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

Our pipes are made of ice, so it doesn't matter if they freeze. It can be a problem in the summer, though....:-)

Seriously, though, we usually don't have frozen pipes. But if they do...um, you're in big trouble. Most houses are made to not have that issue.

Now, DOORS are an altogether different problem. ARG!!!

 
At 1/17/2009 12:40 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It never freezes in Texas
At least that's what they say
That's not ice you see on the pond
That's my lie today

a stranger

 
At 1/17/2009 4:25 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

jan and stranger - I am sort of in denial that it ever gets this cold here in Texas. I haven't looked at the pipes since the freeze, but I am hoping they are okay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home