My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Friday, March 20, 2009

________________________________________________________

Book Study

I'm going to try to go to a book study today. I got the study guide, but I need to look for my book. I hope it goes well because I have had the book for a while and just haven't been able to get into it for some reason.


I love books but unless they are fiction (and this one is not) I sometimes have trouble really geting into them.

Quote: Books serve to show a man that those original thoughts of his aren't very new after all - Abraham Lincoln

2 Comments:

At 3/21/2009 2:19 am, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

There are some VERY interesting non-fiction books out there too, particularly biographies. I did just finish reading "Dark Star Safari" by Paul Theroux. He doesn't have much good to say about Christianity, but he paints a very accurate picture of Africa. He also has a very interesting theory about how foreign aid is actually harming Africa more than it is helping. I'm not sure I agree with all of it, but it is certainly food for thought.

 
At 3/21/2009 9:12 am, Blogger Moggy said...

I have read some interesting books that are non-fiction, but also some really boring ones. This book is really not bad. It's "Life's Healing Choices" and it has a lot of real life experiences of people.

I guess I don't just want facts, I wan't real life examples and of cfcourse pictures - or better yet cartoons ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home