My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

________________________________________________________

Welcome to my Home

There are the beginning of a tiny nest on the window by my front door and soon there will be little winged babys flying around from it. Maybe other people don't like dirt daubers as much as I do. They remind me of my childhood. I would run from them at my grandparents house and my cousin once said I looked like one (back in my skinny days)

We looked them up and it seems like they don't sting unless you make them and they kill black widow spiders. So at least for now we are going to leave them in their spot. I may even make a sign "Beware of Dirt Dabbers" ;-) Maybe they would make good watch dogs if I could only train them.

Quote: Some days you are the bug, some days you are the windshield. - not sure who said this, but maybe today you will be the dirt dauber.

4 Comments:

At 3/27/2009 9:43 am, Blogger Moggy said...

I deleted a comment here. The comment was not bad, but it links to another site that I'm not sure about.

 
At 3/27/2009 11:18 pm, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

I have never even heard of dirt daubers. Are they wasps of some sort?

 
At 3/27/2009 11:29 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

They are wasps that build little nests out of mud. I don't know if they have them as far north as your are.

 
At 3/28/2009 12:56 pm, Anonymous Two Kayaks said...

Never heard of them up this way. If they would prevent people from coming over, I would like them to build a nest here. We get too many solicitors as it is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home