My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Monday, July 13, 2009

________________________________________________________

Back to the basics

I am getting back to painting (if you were wondering) and I'm starting at the basics. Something I didn't do the first time around.

This is from my first basic lesson and it's on shadows. Making something look round by the shadows and highlights. It was really fun and good information

It should help my paintings of people to get better as I learn more about basic stuff. My instructor says there is freedom in knowing all this. You don't have to follow rules if you know what the rules are they just come natural to you.

Quote: I'm becoming more and more myself with time. I guess that's what grace is. The refinement of your soul through time. - Jewel

3 Comments:

At 7/13/2009 12:47 pm, Blogger Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

That's an interesting quote from your teacher. I may have to snag it.
Good luck with getting back to the basics!

 
At 7/13/2009 2:48 pm, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

That looks very cool. There is NO way I could do that.

 
At 7/13/2009 9:25 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

K2 - I have learned so much more than painting from my teacher. He is about 10 years younger than me, but very wise in the ways of painting ;-)

Janet - I could teach you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home