My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Sunday, July 05, 2009

________________________________________________________

Memorial Service Today


I went to a memorial service today and they used a painting that I had done of the lady who passed away. I was very humbled by that. She was very special to me, but not the kind of person who would ever want to have her picture taken or a painting done of her. As a favor to me she came and sat for me to do the painting.

I kept the painting for years, but finally gave it to her daughter a few months back. I'm glad that I had already given the painting to the family before she passed away.

Quote: Sweet is the memory of distant friends! Like the mellow rays of the departing sun, it falls tenderly, yet sadly, on the heart. - Washington Irving

3 Comments:

At 7/06/2009 6:24 pm, Blogger Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

What an incredibly special gift. I'm sure that the family truly appreciates having that painting now.

 
At 7/08/2009 4:53 pm, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

Great painting, Moggy. I think it was quite an honour that they displayed your painting.

 
At 7/13/2009 9:27 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

They really did seem to like it. It's funny when I do a painting like that I am really attached to it for a while, but then I begin to see little things I would have done differently and it's just better at that point to pass it along to the person or family of the person I painted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home