My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

________________________________________________________

Just Thinking

I have often wondered what Adam and Eve really got from the "Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil". Today when I was listening to someone teaching at my Church my mind began to wonder (or was it wander).

I think that what they may have gotten was The Law. The Law would have given them knowledge without giving them the power or even the will to do what was the right thing. They really may not have known what they were getting. I would say this was false advertising by Satan (big surprise there)

Look at how much problems The Law and lawyers have caused in the world. I am not saying that people should be evil we need the power of the Holy Spirit in our lives to help us overcome that. The Law can't do it.

The pursuit of knowledge still seems to often lead men away from God. People believe they have found the truth when they find knowledge or The Law, but I'm not so sure. I mean wouldn't it have been easier to call it the Tree of Truth if that's what it was.

How many trees (of knowledge) have been killed to print all the legal papers and law books that we have. Maybe I have just stayed up too late ;-)

Quote: Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

1 Comments:

At 9/02/2009 2:49 pm, Blogger James Higham said...

I think that what they may have gotten was The Law. The Law would have given them knowledge without giving them the power or even the will to do what was the right thing. They really may not have known what they were getting. I would say this was false advertising by Satan (big surprise there)

You might just be right there. Interesting, that state of grace they were in before though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home