My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Friday, October 23, 2009

________________________________________________________

Stumbling over God's Word

Early this week I noticed that I had a really big bruise on my foot and when I was reading my daily bible reading I ran accross this verse.

I can see how that might make me think that Angels were susposed to stop me from getting a bruise on my foot, but.... This was said to Jesus and it was said by Satan. That puts a different light on the verse.

I love God's word and I have to be careful not to take things out of context.

Oh and I was really worried about my foot because I didn't remember doing anything to it, but then I remembered running into a metal grill by the campfire and almost falling in the fire.... so if an Angel did keep me from actually falling in the fire I think that would be enough ;-)

Quote: I do not believe in a fate that falls on men however they act; but I do believe in a fate that falls on them unless they act. - G. K. Chesterton

5 Comments:

At 10/24/2009 1:08 pm, Anonymous Two Kayaks said...

How do you NOT remember what you did to it??? Yowza that looks painful!

 
At 10/24/2009 1:16 pm, Blogger James Higham said...

Maybe it just happened, irrespective of any religious connotation?

 
At 10/24/2009 11:05 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

2K - I guess that almost falling in the fire made me forget about my foot.

JH - Actually I do think it just happened, but it did make me notice the words I was reading a little more.

 
At 10/25/2009 2:01 am, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

Ouch. I bet you were drunk when you did it. ;-)

 
At 10/25/2009 9:16 am, Blogger Moggy said...

Janet - LOL - That really did make me laugh out loud. We were camping at a Baptist camp and they don't allow that sort of thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home