My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

________________________________________________________

Fun Fair Today

I know that some of you (one in particular) don't think I work enough as it is, but were having a fun fair at work today. We get to wear jeans. It's for a good cause, but there will be a cake walk and it seems to me that last year one of my friends won a cake and shared it. I'm doing pretty good with my diet, so lets hope I can stay away from the cake walk this year.

Quote: “You can walk away from your mistakes. You can turn your back on what you do. Just a little smile is all it takes, and you can have your cake, and eat it too!” - Billy Joel

3 Comments:

At 9/27/2007 12:51 pm, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

What on earth is a cake walk?

 
At 9/27/2007 7:19 pm, Blogger Two Kayaks said...

At least you will be getting exercise by walking at the cake walk! ;)

Janet, a cake walk is like a silent auction for cakes. There are many cakes donated and you "walk" around either placing bids or buying tickets for certain cakes. If your bid is the highest or if your ticket is pulled, you win the cake. :)

 
At 9/27/2007 8:46 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

The ones we have are also a little like musical chairs. They put numbers or something on the ground and you have to be on one when the music stops and that's how they determine who gets a cake. I was very good and didn't even go anywhere near the cake walk. However some evil birthday person brought me a cupcake and before my brain could stop it, my mouth had already eaten it ;-(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home