My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

________________________________________________________

Artist Warner Sallman

I was reading Psalm 68:19 "Praise the Lord; praise God our savior! For each day he carries us in his arms."

It made me think of this painting of Jesus holding a lamb. Warner Sallman was a volunteer art director of his denominational magazine. He was supposed to provide the artwork for the front cover, and not having any luck. The night before the deadline he was tired and frustrated and praying that he would come up with something in the morning.

He woke up between two and three in the morning with a vision of the Lord in his mind that he was able to sketch out and then returned to sleep. The next morning he completed a charcoal drawing "The Head of Christ" and from there he went on to create other paintings, like the one I looked up.

1 Comments:

At 9/26/2007 2:40 am, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

I love the thought that God carries us in our arms. Especially when we feel weak, afraid, lonely, whatever. He is a great God, and greatly to be praised.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home