My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

________________________________________________________

Eating by the lake

I met a couple of friends after work at a restaurant by a lake. It seemed like a good idea (mine) to sit on the outside patio. For one thing I get cold really easy.

While we were out there it was NOT cold, but there were also flies biting our legs. The furniture was iron and they had taken in the cushions because they thought it might rain. We did finally get cushions.

Next time I think I will bring a sweater and sit inside.

Quote:
Fly the pleasure that bites tomorrow - George Herbert

I love that quote even though it took me a while to figure out what it meant. There are a lot of wrong things we can do and feel no pain for, till later.

2 Comments:

At 7/17/2008 6:27 pm, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

Poor flies! They just wanted some supper too! You're not very generous.......

 
At 7/17/2008 9:31 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

I'll send them up to visit you. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home