My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

________________________________________________________

My first auction item

I bid on a rug and actually got it. It's not very big, thus not too much money. Not sure yet where I will put it. I have in mind to use it for prayer and meditation.

When I took a meditation class they talked about doing something like this and I think it might help. It's not that the rug really has anything special about it, I think if you used it to meditate, then as the habit grew your mind would sort of prepare to meditate when you got on it.

Sort of like pavlov's dog only instead a drooling you would be reflecting.

Quote: Meditation here may think down hours to moments. Here the heart may give a useful lesson to the head and learning wiser grow without his books. - William Cowper

4 Comments:

At 7/15/2008 6:05 pm, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

It sounds like a very nice rug. Too bad it didn't have Dora on it. ;-)

 
At 7/16/2008 2:11 am, Blogger Moggy said...

I'm not such a Dora fan, but hey if they would have had one with sponge bob square pants that could have been cool.

 
At 7/17/2008 3:03 am, Blogger A Life Inspired said...

"Sort of like pavlov's dog only instead a drooling you would be reflecting."

Oh no you did'N! (slang intentional!)

I was picturing Aladin (disney) sweeping Jasmine away for a great adventure with the flying rug! Sigh, romance! And reflection!

(missed you Sunday, we had fun! and Darren made it through round one of Last Comic Standing last nite in IL)

 
At 7/17/2008 9:24 am, Blogger Moggy said...

I thought I was going to get lots done Sunday, but I should have known that I wouldn't and just went to see Darren.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home