My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

________________________________________________________

Another Dream

Last night I dreamed I was at the store and when I got to the checkout I had trouble finding my debit card (this has happened in real life). I started to look at what was on the counter and some of it was stuff I didn't recognize. I told the Checkout lady that some of it wasn't mine and she pulled a half eaten bag of Cheetos off the counter and tossed them in the trash.

I still had stuff in my bags that I didn't recognize. When I looked at my receipt and the stuff was on it I figured that it was my stuff. I was thinking I would have liked to see a playback of me shopping to see if I really picked up that stuff.

When I reflect on that dream I wonder how much stuff we pick up in life that's unintentional and unwanted and carry it along with us.

Quote: Never again clutter your days or nights with so many menial and unimportant things that you have no time to accept a real challenge when it comes along. This applies to play as well as work. A day merely survived is no cause for celebration. You are not here to fritter away your precious hours when you have the ability to accomplish so much by making a slight change in your routine. No more busy work. No more hiding from success. Leave time, leave space, to grow. Now. Now! Not tomorrow! - Og Mandino

6 Comments:

At 7/20/2008 8:29 pm, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

Weird dream. Did you have pizza before bed? :-)

 
At 7/20/2008 8:43 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

No I think I had Spaghetti ;-)

 
At 7/20/2008 9:05 pm, Blogger New Fool said...

I read something about dreams, I forget where. It said that type of situation in a dream is a result of the random things the unconscious mind throws into the dream. Then the rational part of the mind tries to make sense of those random things, and somehow integrate them into a linear story. I thought it made sense.

 
At 7/20/2008 9:06 pm, Blogger Moggy said...

The mind has a rational part? ;-)

 
At 7/26/2008 2:42 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that was a really deep concept for a dream -- and sometime to reflect on. I seem to skip the dream phase most nites.

~alifeinspired.blogspot.com

 
At 7/26/2008 4:51 am, Blogger Moggy said...

I don't always remember my dreams, but they are almost always strange.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home