My Life is a Cartoon

Maybe my life is not a cartoon, but I do like to draw little cartoons about some of the things going on in my life.

Friday, January 23, 2009

________________________________________________________

Faith along with Doubt

The kingdom of heaven is like a grain of mustard seed that a man took and sowed in his field. It is the smallest of all seeds, but when it has grown it is larger than all the garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and make nests in its branches." - Matthew 13:31-32

I heard something today on the radio that gave me another perspective on faith and doubt. It went something like this.

(Faith is only needed when we don’t know for sure (which means you have a little doubt) and when you know, you don’t need faith because you have moved beyond that.

He illustrated his point by making a fist and asking the audience if they believed that it contained a $20 bill. A few did. He then said I’ll destroy your faith by opening my hand and showing you that it is there. Now that you know I have a $20 bill, you can no longer have faith that I do you actually have knowledge of it.

I think that we come to Christ by faith, but as we really gain knowledge of him that relationship changes. I think you just need that little mustardseed of faith to get you going.

I may not have said all this right, but I found it interesting to think about.

1 Comments:

At 1/23/2009 4:13 pm, Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

I think that even Christians who have been Christians for years struggle with faith. We must pray daily that He would strengthen our faith and make it strong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home